Top tips for personalising your gifts this Christmas
Dated Posted: 08/10/2013
Giving is so much more than just the gift. One aspect, is the joy you get when you see the person's face light up at the sight of a beautifully hand-wrapped present. Whilst store-wrapping has its place, who really wants a present that has the name of the store emblazoned all over it.
Gift boxes are great for a quick and easy wrapping solution and travel brilliantly in the car without crushing the present inside. For those who want to peek and poke to guess what's inside (we know you're out there) tie your gift box with a gorgeous ribbon to prevent sneaky-peaking or present-feeling! So, you've chosen your gift box but now want to make it personal. Here are some great ideas to get going with.
- Use a block colour box as a blank canvas. Boxes are also perfect for wrapping odd shaped gifts or concealing obvious shapes.
- As an alternative to tissue paper or shredded filler, why not use red and white sweets as a cushion inside your box for a festive theme.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with colour. The most impressive wrapping is often the most unpredictable. Match or clash.
- Look in your craft box for leftovers or unfinished projects to adorn the gifts you give this year. Use your imagination.
- Why not add some eye candy in the form of chocolate coins, Christmas baubles, bells, mini crackers, pine cones, candles, garden foliage, cinnamon sticks, dried oranges or candy sticks.
- Get your children to draw/trace a picture onto ‘Shrinkies’ to create a unique Christmas gift tie, which can be added to the tree later.
- Finally, lightly spray your gift box with a Christmas room fragrance.
And there you have it. Lots of ideas to make sure that your gift stands out from the crowd this Christmas.